The Shambhunath Institute of Law, Prayagraj, Uttar Pradesh is organizing its 1st Pt. Kanhaiya Lal Misra National Moot Court Competition 2022 to be held on October 15 and 16, 2022.
About the Institute
The Shambhunath Institute of Law, Prayagraj, Uttar Pradesh was established with the goal of patronizing the worthy cause of enlightening and tutoring the students belonging to various strata of the society, with superior legal education and under the able guidance of Dr. K. K. Tewari, Secretary, Utthan.
Being a prestigious institution it is a constituent part of the Shambhunath Group of Institutions which owes its establishment in the year 2004.
About the Competition
The institution is honored to enunciate the organization of the 1st Pt. Kanhaiya Lal Misra National Moot Court Competition 2022 to be held on October 15 and 16, 2022. Please note that the event will take place in offline mode.
This competition is being organized in the honor of Pandit Kanhaiya Lal Misra, former President of the Bar Association of Allahabad High Court and Chairman of the Uttar Pradesh Bar Council and member of the U.P. Legislative Council for a notable period of time.
He was actively connected with the University of Allahabad as an Honorary Treasurer for nearly two decades. Drawing inspiration from his works in the field of law and social service and public relations, the Shambhunath Institute of Law is ready to host its 1st National Moot court competition seeking participation from various law schools across the nation.
The event is being planned with the objective of giving aspiring lawyers an experience of quality learning and exposure, as well as a chance to demonstrate their great advocacy, research, writing, and communication abilities.
Theme of the Competition
The theme of the competition is Constitutional Law, which has been chosen with the intent to stimulate discussion about the contemporary dimensions of law in consonance with the traditional concepts of law.
Eligibility & Team Composition
- The competition is open to all students enrolled in undergraduate law programme (5 years/ 3 years) through regular mode.
- Each team shall consist of two speakers and one researcher.
- Participants of only one team from a particular Law College/ University/ Institute or School would be entertained. In the event of two teams registering from the same Law College/University/ Institute or School, the team which first submits the letter signed by the Dean of that Law College/University/Institute or School shall be given preference and registered.
- However, Cross-participation is also allowed (where a team is permitted to have members from more than one institution). In case of cross participation, the above rule mentioned above would not be applicable.
- The teams are requested to register for the event via the online Registration Form on or before September 20, 2022 (11:59 PM IST). The teams are strongly encouraged to complete the final registration process at the earliest to secure their place in the Competition.
- The registration fee for the competition is INR 3500/- (Thirty Five Hundred Rupees Only) per team, which shall be paid through Demand Draft in the name of ‘SHAMBHUNATH INSTITUTE OF LAW’ or /NEFT/Google Pay payment mode only. However an additional fee of Rs. 2,500/- (Two Thousand Five Hundred Only) per team shall be charged for accommodation and meals.
- Details of Payment are as follows:
- Bank Name : Union Bank of India
- Beneficiary Name: VAIBHAV TRIPATHI
- Account Number: 630702120002003
- IFSC Code: UBIN0563072
- Branch: Jhalwa Branch, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh
- Google Pay No. : 7007869186
- Google Pay A/c Holder Name: Nisheeth Mohan
- The scanned copy of the receipt of online payment has to be attached in the online Registration Form (Google Form).
- Any issues related to payment may be submitted by an email to email@example.com.
- No change in the names of the participants shall be permitted after the receipt of the online Registration Form, except at the sole discretion of the Organizers.
September 20 (11:59 PM IST)
Prizes & Awards
Prizes will be awarded in the following categories:
- Winner Team: Cash prize of INR 45,000/- (Forty-Five Thousand Rupees only) and Trophy
- Runner-Up Team: Cash prize of INR 30,000/- (Thirty Thousand Rupees only) and Trophy.
- Best Researcher: Cash prize of INR 10,000/- (Ten Thousand Rupees only) and Trophy.
- Best Speaker: Cash prize of INR 10,000/- (Ten Thousand Rupees only) and Trophy.
- Best Memorial: Cash prize of INR 10,000/- (Ten Thousand only) and Trophy.
Note: Certificate of Participation shall be provided to all candidates.
For seeking clarification regarding doubts & queries, kindly contact the undersigned Organizing Committee members or write to us at mcs.sil2022@gmail
Regarding Moot Procedure and Proposition:
- Faculty Convenors:
- Dr. Kritika Singh, Convenor, Contact No: +91-8178814761, Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mr. Tanishk Gautam, Convenor, Contact No: +91-9120041041, Email ID: email@example.com
- Student coordinators:
- Mohd. Asad, Contact No: +91-7388370786, Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ariba Arif, Email ID: email@example.com
- Prayageshwar Kumar Upadhyay, Contact No:-+91-7522830810, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pratiksha Tiwari, Email ID: email@example.com
- Other information and grievances:
- Faculty Coordinator: Dr. Bhavya Arora- +91-8527653382, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Coordinator: Ms. Josheca Mukerji, Email: email@example.com