The Centre for Mediation and Conciliation (CMC) in collaboration with the Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution, Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (CADR, RGNUL) is organizing a Web Series discussing the prospects of various careers in the field of ADR.
About the University
The Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law is a National Law University located in Patiala, Punjab, India. It was established in 2006 by the Punjab Government as a university dedicated to the field of Legal Education.
The Centre for Mediation and Conciliation (CMC) provides a much-needed neutral, institutional platform for resolving commercial disputes and wishes to promote an efficient, sustainable, and solution-oriented dispute resolution process, on the lines of ADR, for resolving commercial disputes.
The Centre for Mediation and Conciliation has its rules for mediation, schedule of fees and a panel of mediators recognised by the Bombay High Court and Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs (IICA) and eminent Mediators, including Justice B.N. Srikrishna, Justice Deepak Verma, Mr. Sriram Panchu, and Mr. Bill Marsh, to name a few, along with many other mediators with domain knowledge of relevant areas.
The Centre is affiliated with the High Court of Bombay and the City and Sessions Court, Mumbai, as a Mediation Centre and successfully administers court referred commercial mediations. The Centre is also recognized by the Ministry of Law & Justice and Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, Government of India.
The Centre for Alternative Dispute resolution (CADR), Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law has been established to promote students’ and researchers’ interest in Alternative Dispute Resolution consisting of dispute resolution mechanisms like Arbitration, Negotiation, Mediation and Conciliation.
About the Web Series
CMC in association with CADR, RGNUL is organising a Web series discussing the prospects of various careers in the ADR. The CMC invites students as attendees to have a candid Q&A session with many luminaries of the Legal Field and get their doubts cleared first-hand through the means of this series.
The sessions will be moderated by students as well. It shall be held in the form of Seven Q&A sessions, each being an hour long-held consecutively on the weekend.
The series will assist students in not only defining a career path in ADR ahead of the complex and diverse range of options available in the field of Law; but it will also provide them with the benefit of the welcomed mentors and their esteemed experience, specifically in Arbitration, Mediation, and Negotiation.
The unparalleled guidance in not only domestic but also international Arbitration and Mediation is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for a student at the beginning of his or her career.
The Web Series is open for participation for all bona fide students enrolled in Law Degree courses. 3-Year (LL.B.) and 5-Year Integrated Course (B.A./BBA/B.Com/BSc., LL.B.) or Masters in Law Courses (LL.M.) in any recognised University and/or Law School across India.
- Mode: Online
- Dates: June 25 to August 13, 2022 [Every Saturday]
- Time: 05:00 to 05:45 PM (IST)
- Fee: INR 150/-
Interested students should register themselves following this link. The registration will be considered complete, only after the successful payment of the fees on the mentioned UPI ID (bombaychamber@sbi).
Registrations are open till 11.59 PM, June 22, 2022.
About the Speakers
We have invited a panel (expected) of distinguished practitioners and experts to provide students with a well-rounded and holistic insight into the field of ADR and career opportunities therein, who will collectively provide a once-in-a-lifetime experience for students looking to pursue ADR at a professional level.
The list includes:
- Mr. Garv Malhotra, Partner at Skywards Law
- Mr. Jonathan Rodrigues, Mediator (UK/ India) | Coordinator, Co-founder, The PACT
- Mr. Kartikey Mahajan, International Dispute Resolution Lawyer at Khaitan & Co
- Ms. Namita Shah, Co-founder, Presolv360
- Mr. JP Sengh, Senior Advocate, Arbitration and Dispute Resolution at the Delhi High Court
- Ms. Neeti Sachdeva, Secretary-General and Registrar at Mumbai Centre for International Arbitration
- Mr. Rahul Donde, Counsel, Lévy Kaufmann-Kohler.
- LLM in ADR: June 25, 2022
- Mediation – What and How? July 2, 2022
- ADR in Corporate: July 16, 2022
- ODR – the new norm?: July 23, 2022
- Negotiating for your client: July 30, 2022
- What is Institutional Arbitration? August 6, 2022
- International Arbitration: August 13, 2022
An e-Certificate of Completion will be provided to all the participants.
Note: The certificate as mentioned above will be sent only to all those participants who attend each and every session of the Web Series.
- For any other queries, write at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- or contact Mr. Rachit Somani, Senior Member, CADR-RGNUL at +91 63760 06259
- Mr. Hrishabh Khatwani, Member, CADR-RGNUL at +91 83808 82288