Submissions are open and invited from eligible candidates for the Law and Other Things (LAOT) Blog.
About Law and Other Things
Started in 2005, Law and Other Things (LAOT) is India’s first platform devoted to debates and ideas in constitutionalism, legal history, and public policy. LAOT seeks to publish engaging and insightful articles on matters of general public law.
The blog has been cited in numerous law review articles, legal books, and by a Constitution Bench of the Supreme Court. It is also followed in many Commonwealth countries including the UK, Australia, Singapore, Kenya, Malaysia, and South Africa.
Since 2017, the Blog has been managed by a Core Editorial Team from NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad, under the aegis of our Board of Editors.
About the Blogs
LAOT are calling for submission of analytical pieces in the field of public law. Under the unique two-stage review system, every submission receives constructive feedback from the Student Editorial Board, which works with the authors to develop the piece.
Thereafter, selected articles are reviewed by their distinguished Senior Editorial Board, before publication
on the website.
They welcome well-researched and novel posts from law students, academicians, and practitioners alike.
- The topic or theme must be related to an area of public law. For reference, please look at the posts on our website.
- Language should be formal, but not strictly academic.
- The piece should not exceed 1200 words. Longer pieces may be split into multiple
- parts for better readability, if the topic calls for it, however the same is discouraged.
- All references should be provided as hyperlinks instead of citations unless an online source is unavailable. We’re unable to review pieces that have not hyperlinked sources.
- Please send your submission to laotnalsar[at]gmail[dot]com.
Please do refer to our detailed guidelines on the same page, which also outline the review process, before sending in your pieces.
Feel free to write to us at email@example.com with any queries, doubts, and clarifications.
- Anushree Verma: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shravani Shendye: email@example.com