Alliance School of Law is inviting submissions through a call for papers for its Global Affairs and International Relations E-Newsletter.
About Alliance University
Alliance University is a Private University established in Karnataka by the State Act No.34 of year 2010.
The Alliance University Centre for Global Affairs and International Relations (AC-GAIR) intends to serve as an academic platform to foster an interest in International Relations and International Law.
In an increasingly globalized and connected world, it is pertinent to not only be aware of Global happenings but to understand the background and historical facts related to it.
AC-GAIR intends to do just that, to engage with the current and future stakeholders of the Globalized World by giving them a benchmark on topics of International Law, Global Affairs, and Human Rights.
About Call for Papers
Alliance School of Law, Bangalore is inviting articles for the THIRD online edition (Vol. 1 Issue III) of GAIR Newsletter. It is an open access, peer-reviewed and refereed E-newsletter.
The aim of GAIR E-Newsletter is to provide an academic platform for students, practitioners, journalists and academicians to express, deliberate, and discuss contemporary issues pertaining to the fields of International Relations and Global Affairs.
The newsletter seeks work that are dynamic and interdisciplinary in nature with a specific display of comprehensive knowledge on the subject matter.
Themes and Sub-Themes
GAIR seeks to instil academic deliberations around Contemporary International Issues. The theme for this issue of the GAIR E-Newsletter revolves – “Contemporary Issues related to Global Affairs and International Relations.”
Some sub-themes for engagement are:
- Performance of UN Security Council in International Conflicts;
- The Taiwanese Question;
- Adaptability and Climate Change- The 2022 IPCCC report;
- Third World Approach to International Law;
- The relevance of International Economic Sanctions;
- Validity of claims of restitution and reparation under International Law;
- Relevance of International Organization;
- Global Cyber warfare;
- Data Privacy and Cross Border Transfer;
- International Trade Relations
Note: The above sub-themes are only illustrative and the participants are free to write on any topic directly connected to the central theme of the Newsletter.
Applications are invited from practitioners, academicians, journalists, students of any discipline or anyone who wishes to express an opinion can submit their articles.
How to Submit?
Send your Manuscripts to gair[at]alliance.edu.in. The body of the email should include author’s name, affiliation, email-id and contact number.
- Submissions shall be typewritten in MS Word, Times New Roman font size 12 with line spacing 1.5 and justified alignment.
- Co-authorship up to two authors is allowed.
- Submissions shall not be less than 700 words and shall not exceed 1000 (exclusive of endnotes).
- Submissions shall contain hyperlinks in the body of the manuscript itself, instead of footnotes and endnotes. Endnotes may be used for references where hyperlinks are not possible, or the source is under a paywall or offline – such as books, articles, etc.
- The authors should use Bluebook (20th edition) Uniform System of Citation. Endnotes shall be typewritten in, Times New Roman, font size 10, single-line spacing, and justified alignment.
- The manuscript should not contain any identification of the author/s, which shall be a ground for rejection of the submission.
- The submission must be the original work of the authors. Plagiarism beyond 10% shall not be accepted.
- Manuscripts shall be assessed by subjection to Blind Review Procedure.
- Submissions shall be lucid, contemporarily relevant, and well-researched. They shall contain a novel analysis of the issue by the author(s).
- Authors will be informed regarding acceptance or rejection of their manuscripts within 3 weeks and an acknowledgement receipt will be sent within 48 hours of submission of the manuscript.
- The contributions towards the Alliance School of Law, GAIR E-Newsletter shall be published on the University’s official website.
The submissions are on rolling basis.
In case of any queries, please contact gair[at]alliance.edu.in
Disclaimer: WEF April, 2021, Lawctopus will not publish any ‘Call for Papers/Blogs’ by journals that charge money at the time of submission. If you find any journal doing so, please intimate us at tanuj.kalia[at]lawctopus.com