HNLU is organizing its 13th edition of the Justice Hidayatullah National Moot Court Competition in association with AZB & Partners.
About the Hidayatullah National Law University
Established in 2003, Hidayatullah National Law University will be completing a journey of two decades in the year 2023. In such a short span of time, HNLU has carved out a niche for itself in the realm of legal education across India.
About the Competition
Hidayatullah National Law University (HNLU) is proud to host the 13th edition of the Justice Hidayatullah National Moot Court Competition (HNMCC). HNMCC is the flagship event of HNLU, which was started as a part of the centenary celebrations of the eminent jurist and author Justice Hidayatullah.
Since its inception, the Competition has continued to attract participation from top law schools across the country and has proven to be an excellent platform for discussion on emerging issues in Competition law.
The past editions of the HNMCC have also benefitted from the expertise of an experienced panel of judges.
The panel has comprised Managing Partners of top law firms in the country and sitting judges of the High Court of Chhattisgarh for the final rounds. The preceding rounds have been judged by a stellar pool of Partners from reputed law firms, eminent academicians, and prominent advocates practising at various High Courts and the Supreme Court of India.
All students enrolled in a 3-year LLB programme or a 5-year integrated LLB programme shall be eligible to participate. However, only one (1) team per university/ institution shall be eligible to participate.
Each Team shall contain a maximum of three (3) members out of which two (2) members shall be designated as speakers, and one (1) member shall be a researcher. The teams may choose to participate without a Researcher. However, either of the other two members must appear for the Researcher Test.
How to Register?
Interested candidates may register for the competition through the link provided towards the end of this post.
The registration fee for the Competition is ₹8,000 and has to be paid either through RTGS/NEFT/IMPS. The payment details are as follows, and can be found in the brochure and the registration form as well.
All participants will receive a ‘Certificate of Participation’. Special awards will be distributed in the following categories:
- Team: The team which wins the final round will be adjudged as the ‘Winner of the CCI – HNLU 13th HNMCC 2023’ and will get an amount of ₹ 1,00,000/- along with a trophy.
- All the members of the winning team will get a secured internship at AZB & Partners.
- The team which secures second place will get the title of ‘Runners-up’ and ₹ 50,000/- as a cash prize.
- The finalists will also be awarded various goodies from SCC Online.
- Best Memorial: The team with the highest memorial score (aggregate) will get the ‘Best Memorial’ prize along with a cash prize of ₹20,000/-.
- Best Speaker: The speaker who secures the highest score (aggregate) at the conclusion of the Preliminary Rounds will get an award for the ‘Best Speaker’ with a cash prize of ₹20,000/-.
- Best Researcher: The researcher with the highest score in the Researcher Test will get the ‘Best Researcher’ prize along with a cash prize of ₹10, 000/-.
Hidayatullah National Law University.
- Opening Registrations- 16 January 2023
- Last Date of Seeking Clarifications- 07 February 2023
- End of Registrations- 10 February 2023
- Release of Clarifications- 15 February 2023
- Memorial Submission – Soft Copies- 06 March 2023
- Memorial Submission – Hard Copies- 17 March 2023
- Researchers’ Test- 17 March 2023
- Preliminary & Quarter Final Rounds- 18 March 2023
- Semi-Final, Final Rounds & Valedictory Ceremony- 19 March 2023
In case of any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to register.