School of Legal Studies, K.R Mangalam University, Gurugram, in collaboration with the International Council of Jurists, London, and Law Mantra, New Delhi, is organizing its 4th International Conference.
About K. R. Mangalam University
K. R. Mangalam University is a State Private University established in 2013 under Haryana Private Universities Act, and is empowered to award degrees under section 2f of the UGC Act, 1956.
About International Council of Jurists
The International Council of Jurists is a professional body of jurists consisting of senior legal practitioners across the globe with the intent to promote legal professionalism. The council also provides legal aid to the less privileged.
About Law Mantra
Law Mantra (headquarters New Delhi) (Registration No 150 in Book No.4 Vol No 3, 603 0f 2018) is not for profit organisation running for the purpose of enhancing legal academics and legal awareness in society and in the practice of the same.
About the Conference
The year 2022 marks a number of important anniversaries in the development of environmental law: the 50th anniversary of the Stockholm Declaration on the Human Environment and the establishment of UNEP in 1972, the 40th anniversary of the United Nations Convention on the Seas and the 30th anniversary Rio Declaration on environment and development and the Rio conventions:
UNFCCC, (United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change) UNCBD (United Nations Convention on Biological Diversity) and UNCCD (the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification).
These anniversaries are an excellent opportunity to consider the role of law in bringing about the dramatic reforms required to address the environmental crises of climate change, environmental degradation, and pollution. This conference will look into the ability of law, on an international, regional, and national level, to promote the systemic reforms that are required across all sectors and levels.
It invites critical submissions on the sufficiency, effectiveness, legitimacy, and fairness of current law or litigation in light of climate change, environmental degradation, and pollution concerns. “Can the challenges be overcome using the legal means available?” is a crucial question to consider. It will look into the potential and new legal tools available and the limitations and flaws of legal solutions to those difficulties.
The conference aims to bring together cutting-edge academic legal thinking and practice on how to enhance, advance, amend, or reform legal tools. What is required of the law in order for it to serve as a catalyst for transformational change? The conference will focus on a thorough examination of environmental legislation.
Human rights law, trade and investment law, commercial law, criminal law, civil law, outer space law, and other disciplines of law, among others, play a significant role in altering society to solve crucial environmental concerns.
Objectives of the Conference
The goal of this conference is to bring together governments, business leaders, environmental educators, academics, and practitioners to share expertise and learn from one another about how to improve the implementation and application of international environmental rule of law in India and beyond.
It will also serve as a hub for sharing and exchanging information on the resources, skills, approaches, and methodologies required to equip students and future environmental administrators in the region with the legal and governance skills necessary to advance the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) relate to climate action, green growth, and energy for all.
About Call for Papers
They are inviting empirical work/research articles, theoretical papers, research reports, case studies and research ideas for presentation at the conference as per the sub- themes given.
Environmental Law, Governance and Sustainable Development
- International Water Law and SDG 6: Reinforcing Paradigm
- Sustainable Energy for All: Interface Between Law, Policy and Government
- Ecology Integrity as a Grund norm of International Law
- Institutions and Approaches in Environmental law and Cooperative Remedies for Natural Disaster Risk
- Green Constitution
- Public Participation in Environmental Decision Making: A Legal Approach
- Relationship Between International Trade and Environment
Submission and Formatting Guidelines
- Abstract & full paper must contain the name of the author/s, complete address, e-mail id and mobile number.
- The abstract should not exceed 350 words including the title and references.
- Citations and references should comply with the ILI for referencing. For details on ILI referencing style, please visit http://www.ili.ac.in/footnoting12.pdf.
- Submission must be in MS-Word format (no other format will be accepted) with all four sides 1 inch margin. Should be typed in Times New Roman with a font size of 12.
- Paper title in 14 (Bold) and all sub-headings in 12 (Bold) and line spacing at 1.5.
- Submit abstract/full paper via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A full paper must include a clear indication of the purpose of the research, methodology, major results, and implications. It should not exceed 3500 words.
How to Register?
Interested candidates may register for the conference through the link provided at the end of this post.
- Foreign Participants – USD 18 – per paper
- Corporate Delegates – INR 1500 per paper
- Academicians – INR 1200 per paper
- Research Scholars & Students – INR 750 per paper
- Payment Details:
- Bank Name: ICICI Bank; Account Name: K. R. MANGALAM UNIVERSITY; IFSC: ICIC0000911; Account No.: 091101000622
- The selected paper will be published in Scopus/UGC care list journals. There will be extra charges for the publication.
- E-certificate will be issued only for registered participants.
Blended (Offline and Online)
- Receipt of Abstract of the paper – August 30, 2022
- Acceptance of the Abstract Notification – September 10, 2022
- Receipt of full paper – September 30, 2022
- Acceptance of full paper – October 10, 2022
- Opening of Registration – August 30, 2022
- Registration Deadline – November 15, 2022
- Conference Dates – November 17-18, 2022
In case of queries, please contact sols.events@ krmangalam.edu.in
Disclaimer: WEF April, 2021, Lawctopus will not publish any ‘Call for Papers/Blogs’ by journals that charge money at the time of submission. If you find any journal doing so, please intimate us at tanuj.kalia[at]lawctopus.com