Moneyweb Radio is hiring
An opportunity has opened up in our dynamic radio team.
We’re in search of a producer for Moneyweb’s Afrikaans business show, RSG Geldsake. The appointee would form part of a team of producers working on platforms including RSG Geldsake, SAfm Market Update and the online business podcast, MoneywebNOW.
This is a full-time post, working within a shift system with the current team.
In collaboration with the presenter, the producer will have the following responsibilities:
- To produce Moneyweb’s RSG business shows and features
- To contribute editorial, topic, and guest ideas to the radio and editorial teams
- To perform administration tasks related to Moneyweb’s business radio programming
- To adhere to any reasonable requests from Moneyweb’s management
Minimum qualifications and requirements
- Be able to work well and communicate effectively in a team
- Be able to work independently to carry out tasks
- Be able to speak and write both English and Afrikaans fluently
- Having a can-do attitude and being able to work under pressure, with flexible hours, is a must.
- Have at least three years’ experience in the media space
- An economics or journalism degree, or equivalent media qualifications is an added value
- Business journalism experience would be a great benefit
- An extensive contact database is required
How to apply
Applicants must send a CV and cover letter (no more than 500 words) outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position and what value they can add to Moneyweb, to [email protected].
The salary is negotiable and the producer should have their own transport.
Start date: September 1, 2022.
Closing date for applications: August, 31, 2022.
Subject reference: RSG Geldsake producer
Moneyweb is an equal opportunity employer. The appointment will be made in line with Moneyweb’s Employment Equity Plan and Policy. Applicants not contacted within 14 days after the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.