The Pro Bono Club, School of Law, Presidency University in collaboration with the Department of Justice, Ministry of Law & Justice, New Delhi for Nyaya Bandhu, is organizing a quiz competition.
Presidency Group of Institutions (PGI), along with the University, constitutes 7 Schools and a College.
About the Competition
The Pro Bono Association, School of Law, Presidency University is organizing an “Online Consumer Law Quiz Competition 2022” for the students of the School of Law, Presidency University to create awareness of their existing consumer rights conferred upon them by the Government in the present era.
The distinguished keynote speaker of the event is Hon’ble Mr Justice R. K. Agrawal, Hon’ble President, National Consumer Dispute Redressal Commission & Retd Justice of Supreme Court. The panel will dwell on the process to understand legislation relating to consumer protection. Various legislations and the process of the Consumer Protection redressal forum are pertinent to analyze for young lawyers and law students.
How to Register?
- Interested candidates may register for the competition through the link provided at the end of the post.
- Upon registration, participants will receive detailed rules of procedure for the Quiz including instructions for preliminary and final rounds, team codes, marking scheme, duration, scoring and other relevant details.
Structure of the Competition
- Round 1 (preliminary: QUIZ): In round one there will be multiple choice questions in Slido.com form. The form will consist of 40-45 MCQs, each question will carry 1 mark. Each question will have a timer and the participants will have to answer the question within the time given (depending upon the question).
- Round 2 (Quarter/Semi-finals) In round 2 which is same as the round 1, but in round 2 the participants will be given 25-30 MCQ. (Questions will be of Intermediate level)
- Round 3 (finale): Here the participants will be on Microsoft teams and will be asked questions by the quizmaster. The level of questions will be higher and the students will also be asked subjective questions. Approximately 5-6 questions per participant.
- 1st Position: INR 2000
- 2nd Position: INR 1000
- 3rd Position: INR 500
Online via Microsoft Teams and Slido.com Integrated Platform
- Registration Deadline – September 13, 2022; 7:30 PM
- Last date to seek Clarifications – September 12, 2022
- Date of Webinar & Quiz – September 17, 2022
In case of any queries, please contact pusolpbc[at]gmail.com