“Jidnyasa 2022″ will consist of a narration of Mahabharata in the local language-Marathi and the publication of an edited book on “Mahabharata and Law” in English.
About MM Shankarrao Chavan Law College, Pune
Shankarrao Chavan Law College was established in 2003 and is affiliated to Savitribai Phule Pune University, Approved by the Bar Council of India, and recognized by the Government of Maharashtra.
About Centre for Interdisciplinary Studies
Law is a dynamic concept that has nexus with other disciplines of knowledge. From a contemporary point of view and a holistic approach, it has become significant to understand the concept of law along with other disciplines of knowledge.
Therefore, interdisciplinary-multidisciplinary and cross-disciplinary research has got vital importance in academics. National Education Policy 2020 emphasizes on holistic and multidisciplinary education in higher education institutes.
Against this backdrop Centre for Interdisciplinary Studies (CIS) is an idea of exploring the nexus between law and other disciplines. It aims at studying and understanding the interconnections between law and other disciplines. It also aims at conducting research regarding various interdisciplinary studies.
The themes for Jidnyasa 2022 are: Introduction to Mahabharata, Kanikniti, Vidurniti and Krishnaniti. For detailed information, the brochure is attached herewith.
About Jidnyasa 2022
“Jidnyasa 2022- Bridge Course on Mahabharata and Law” is a unique combination of our culture and academics which consists of narration of Mahabharata in the local language-Marathi and the publication of an edited book on “Mahabharata and Law” in English.
Thus, this event is bilingual and therefore brochure of the event is in both languages Marathi and English.
Call for Chapters
The organizers invite original, unpublished chapters for edited books on Bridging Mahabharata and Social Sciences from students, research scholars, academicians, and professionals of various faculties on the themes of Jidnyasa 2022.
The researcher is expected to conduct research on the main theme or other themes and its nexus with social sciences like law, sociology, economics, political science, state administration etc.
Who can Participate
The event is open to all students, researchers, academicians, and all interested people from all faculties. So, anyone can participate in Jidnyasa 2022 who is keen to know the detailed narration of Mahabharata and also, and one can contribute as an author in an edited book.
Guidelines for Paper Submission
- Font: Times New Roman
- Font Size: 12 (for Footnotes-10)
- Word Limit: 3000-5000 words (including footnotes)
- Line Spacing: 1.5 (for Footnotes 1.0)
- Citation Method: The Bluebook Style of Citation, 20th Edition
- Language: English only
- Authorship may be extended maximum up to two authors
- In accordance with the double-blind process of review, the name of the author/s and their institutional affiliation must not be mentioned or indicated anywhere in main body of the manuscript.
How to Submit?
The interested researcher should send an abstract of not exceeding 300 words accompanied by a brief profile of the author/s including Name, Designation, Institutional Affiliation, Contact details, and email ID.
Submissions shall be through E-mail only & all correspondences may be addressed to [email protected]
- Last date for registration: August 30, 2022
- Last Date for Submission of Abstract for Contribution in Edited Book: September 24, 2022
- Participation (for Students): INR 350
- Participation (for Research Scholars, Professionals etc.): INR 650
- Participation and Contribution as Author (for Students): INR 450
- Participation and Contribution as Author (for Research Scholars, Professionals etc.): INR 950
- Participation/ Contribution as Author Students of Marathwada Mitra Mandal: INR 250
- Program Officers: Dr. Pratik Salgar (MM SCLC, Pune) (+91-9420262720)
- In case of any query contact [email protected]
- View the brochure provided at the end of this post for more details.
Disclaimer: WEF April, 2021, Lawctopus will not publish any ‘Call for Papers/Blogs’ by journals that charge money at the time of submission. If you find any journal doing so, please intimate us at tanuj.kalia[at]lawctopus.com