Bharatiya Engineering, Science and Technology Innovation University, invites applications for the post of Dean (School of Law) from candidates who have an exceptionally good academic record, administrative skills, with leadership qualities.
Bharatiya Engineering, Science and Technology Innovation University– (BESTIU), a State Private University established in May 2018, (under LOI of May 2018 and ACT 6 2019 of Andhra Pradesh, State Private Universities Act 2016 Government of Andhra Pradesh) & under UGC Act 1956 under section 2 (f) & 12(B) and is present on the UGC State-wise List of Private Universities and under the Andhra Pradesh gazette notification Act No. 6, 2019.
About the Opportunity
BESTIU invites applications for the post of Dean (School of Law) from candidates who have an exceptionally good academic record, administrative skills, with leadership qualities. Should be a motivator, an institutional builder, enhance the productivity of the faculty, and will be responsible for Academics and Financial performance.
The incumbent should have a PH. D (Law) from a reputed University with a minimum of 15 years of Academic and Administrative Experience.
- Should have strong linkages & networks with industry and academics
- Should be well acquainted with the various Accreditations Agencies and Statutory Bodies and the procedures, also with placement and industry collaborations.
- Should be an Academician and a thought leader.
- Have a PhD. Degree from a prestigious Institute / University
- Proven track record with excellent academic excellence, research accomplishment, and administrative skill sets.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in setting up Law Schools at the national level.
Role and Responsibilities
- The incumbent should be an acknowledged leader in legal education, a good team builder, a team player, and a team leader.
- He should have a perspective & a vision for taking forward the new school set up one year back.
- He/She shall be completely responsible for running the programs, which includes formulating strategies, curriculum design & development, monitoring teaching-learning processes, academic coordination, placements support, and Industry Institute collaboration.
- To ensure that the University’s overall academic performance improves.
- To monitor Course Curriculum Improvement and Content
- To prepare the academic calendar for the year with the approval of the Vice-Chancellor
- To ensure proper monitoring of the Delivery, Course Coverage, and Pedagogy of the Course content
- To provide administrative support to the faculty, any special needs for the particular course), and support materials for the students (e.g. cases, notes, etc.).
- To ensure Un-Interrupted Conduct of the classes (Punctuality, Availability of the faculty as well as students)
- To ensure the development of soft skills and additional inputs to be given for better placement of the students
- Dean should preside over all the Internal meetings-faculty and ensure the various decision of authorities are implemented.
- Also responsible for bringing the academic, financial, and other needs of the faculty to the notice of the Vice-Chancellor.
- An outstanding professional, with an established reputation in the relevant field, who has made significant contributions to the knowledge in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline, to be substantiated by credentials.
As per industry standards
How to Apply?
Interested candidates may send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
In case of any queries, please contact email@example.com