Nestle invites applications from eligible candidates for the job position of Legal Counsel to work at its Jeddah, Saudi Arabia office.
Nestlé is the world’s largest food and beverage company. It has more than 2000 brands ranging from global icons to local favourites, and we are present in 191 countries around the world.
About the Opportunity
The company seeking a business partner who proactively shapes, challenges within the business and externally by delivering legal, compliance, regulatory and risk, and reputational management strategies and solutions to the business and functions in Saudi.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply for the post through the link provided at the end of this post.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Partnering function responsible for significant commercial or project-based arrangements.
- Drafting, reviewing, amending, revising, negotiating, and terminating all commercial contracts, agreements, and legal documents of any nature.
- Providing business-oriented legal advice on agreements/contracts directly to the relevant category/division/business unit.
- Collaborating with and facilitating cross-team decision-making with the Procurement Team, the relevant category/business team/division, and/or any other relevant internal stakeholder.
- Driving contract lifecycle from drafting to signature through completion of the full negotiation process.
- Maintaining a deep understanding of local laws and regulations, contracts SOP, Z-EMENA legal requirements, legal risk and liability, and Nestlé Group risks position on various matters.
- Supporting our affiliates on any corporate and commercial matter by providing business legal advice.
- Reducing/minimizing the risks and closing the gaps and helping Nestlé affiliates’ management in MENA countries to execute its business objectives.
- Developing, implementing, and managing a strategic plan for the provision of legal services in accordance with and in support of business objectives.
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action to close the gaps have been taken.
- Continuously monitor compliance with cumulatively Nestlé principles and values, Nestlé’s processes and policies, and local laws and regulations and advise management accordingly.
- Reporting any compliance topics.
- Maintain a focus across all businesses in the MENA market to ensure a comprehensive view of opportunities, best practices, and risks.
- Participates in professional organizations and advocacy groups regarding the development of the law.
- Responsible for managing the various disputes and coordinating litigation of our Nestlé affiliates in the MENA.
- Attend court cases as a representative of Nestlé company and/or as a witness.
- Follow up and monitor court cases with the local lawyers and update the internal stakeholders accordingly.
- Collaborate with the Finance Manager, the Head of Legal, and the local lawyer to follow up litigation cases and to efficiently resolve lawsuits.
- Managing disputes and investigations while defining strategies for specific disputes and investigations.
- Coordinating with the IP Champion based in Dubai the protection, enforcement, and defence of the intellectual property rights (IPR) of Société des Produits Nestlé S.A. in the MENA.
- Coordinating with the Data Privacy Champion based in Dubai the privacy and the protection of personal data captured.
- Coordinating with the Digital Champion based in Dubai and advising any digital matter related to our Nestlé affiliates in MENA countries and with any relevant authority.
- Legal Business Partner for HR (employment contracts, terminations, dismissals, labour litigation, etc.)
- Master’s Degree in Law (business law/corporate Law/commercial law).
- A generalist in Business Law.
- Admitted to the Bar Association.
- Strong communication skills in English and Arabic.
- Minimum 5- 6 years of experience.
- Experience in contract and commercial laws.
- Law practice in a law firm or as in-house legal counsel in a multinational company (ideally within FMCG) or a combination of both.
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
Click here to apply
Click here for the official notification