Gujarat National Law University (GNLU), Gandhinagar is inviting applications for Research Assistant (Legal) under the project titled “A Study on Impact Analysis and Identifying the Gaps in the Existing Laws relating to Women in India” funded by the Ministry of Woman and Child Development (MoWCD).
Gujarat National Law University (GNLU) is a statutory university established by the Govt. of Gujarat under the Gujarat National Law University Act, 2003.
Roles and Responsibilities
Under the guidance of the Principal Investigator/Co-Investigators, the incumbent shall perform the following roles and responsibilities in the project titled “A Study on Impact Analysis and Identifying the Gaps in the Existing Laws relating to Women in India” funded by the Ministry of Woman and Child Development (MoWCD):
- Provide research assistance to the Principal Investigator/Co-Investigators;
- Conduct interdisciplinary research in view of the aim and objectives of the Project;
- Developing qualitative and quantitative tools, and making qualitative and quantitative research analyses;
- Collecting data, a compilation of datasets and interpretation of data analysis and report writing;
- Perform project-related duties including administration, coordination, etc. required to achieve the aim and objectives of the project;
- Any other research or project-related work that may be assigned by the Principal Investigator/ Co-Investigator.
- Master’s Degree in Law with at least 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university;
- Good knowledge of the latest national and international research trends and developments in the relevant area i.e. laws relating to women in India;
- Working experience in MS Office, basic knowledge of information technology;
- Fluency in English and Hindi is a must.
- Experience in teaching/ research in Universities/Colleges;
- Presentation/ Participation in State or National Level Conference/ Symposium;
- Excellent interpersonal and team-building skills;
- Ability to conduct research work.
Remuneration will be paid to the Selected Candidate is Rs. 50,000/- for the entire project and will be disbursed in three Installments i.e. Rs. 15,000/-, Rs. 15,000/- & Rs. 20,000/- respectively at the end of each month.
Three (03) Months.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates may download the application form available at the end of this post, fill out the same and send it via email to hr[at]gnlu.ac.in along with a short CV highlighting suitable qualifications connected with the research project on or before Saturday, 26th November 2022 mentioning the subject line as “Application for the Post of Research Assistant – Under the project “A Study on Impact Analysis and Identifying the Gaps in the Existing Laws relating to Women in India” funded by Ministry of Woman and Child Development (MoWCD)”.
Gujarat National Law University, Attalika Avenue, Knowledge Corridor, Koba, Koba (Sub P.O.), Gandhinagar – 382426, Gujarat (India).
- Email: hr[at]gnlu.ac.in
- Tel: +91 (79) 2327 6611/12