The DPIIT-IPR Chair at Osmania University, is organizing Lecture 28 under the Know Your IP series on June 25, 2022 IP Strategies – Points to Ponder.
About the Organizer
The DPIIT-IPR Chair is established at Osmania University under the SPRIHA scheme of Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India.
The IPR Chair aims to promote IPR Culture and contribute to IPR research and knowledge. The DPIIT-IPR Chair at Osmania University looks forward to collaborate with academics, researchers and industry to promote effective utilization of IPRs.
About the Opportunity
The DPIIT-IPR Chair at Osmania University, is organizing a Know Your IP series of Weekly Lectures/ Interactions/ Interviews with the primary objective of dissemination of knowledge on Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs). It will offer insights and inputs on various forms of IPRs relevant to all the stakeholders, by demystifying the fundamentals of IP and highlighting the recent developments in the Intellectual Property (IP) domain.
The Know Your IP Week-28 of the Online Lecture Series is on the topic IP Strategies – Points to Ponder to be presented by Dr. Goutam Bhattacharyya, Partner, K & S Partners, Intellectual Property Attorneys, Hyderabad.
About the Resource Person
Dr.Goutam is a Patent Attorney and Chair of Patent Practice at K&S Partners. He handles patent drafting and prosecution in the fields of Life Sciences. He represents several multinational and domestic corporations on a variety of IP issues and works very closely with several startups and spin-offs.
He also assists clients in issues related to patentability, licensing, due diligence and IP valuation and regularly conducts patent workshops and ‘Invention Capturing Sessions’ for clients. Dr.Goutam has significant experience and a proven track record of assisting biotechnology and biomedical startups, providing strategic advice on filing and best practices, in addition to pure patent prosecution.
Besides patent drafting and prosecution, he has been active in IP awareness creation amongst the Universities, Incubation Centers and MSMEs. He is a regular speaker at various conferences and seminars and has several articles to his credit published in reputed national and international scientific journals, such as “Nature Biotechnology”, “Water Research”, “Separation Science and Technology”, “Soil Science and Plant Analysis” to name a few.
He is a member of the India-US Working Group on IPR at the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI). He also serves as a member of several Institutional Committees of National Institutes including National Institute of Pathology and National Institute of Immunology.
He has been ranked as IAM Strategy 300: The World’s Leading IP Strategist in 2019, 2020 & 2022 and IAM Patent 1000: The World’s Leading Patent Professional in 2020.
- Date: June 25, 2022
- Time: 5 PM
- Mode: Online
- Topic: Standard Essential Patents – An Overview
- Platform: Google Meet through this link.
- Duration: 1 hour Lecture and 15 minutes for live Q&A with the resource person
- Speaker: Dr. Goutam Bhattacharyya, Partner, K & S Partners, Intellectual Property Attorneys, Hyderabad
- Interested Participants shall register for the Lecture 28 of the IP Series by submitting the Registration Form linked at the end of this post.
- There is no registration fee for attending the program.
- Participation Certificate would be issued to all the registered participants.
- Participants are required to compulsorily give their feedback by submitting the Feedback Form which would be shared during the Session
Register on or before 3 PM, June 25, 2022 for the Know your IP Series Lecture 27.
- Dr. S. B. Md. Irfan Ali Abbas (9848885394): University College of Law, Osmania University.
- Mr. A. Srinivasa Rao (8297399898): Advocate & IP Attorney, Hyderabad.
- Mr. B. Nagaraj (9700802342): Osmania University, Hyderabad.
- or write to iprchairou[a]gmail.com and info[a]ouipr.in