Law College Dehradun is conducting a new edition of its annual mooting affair, the 5th Law College Dehradun National Moot Court Competition at Dehradun, Uttarakhand.
About Law College Dehradun
Law College Dehradun, Faculty of Uttaranchal University, an institution contributing splendidly to legal education since 2002.
About the Competition
The ILSA Chapter Law College Dehradun is delighted to invite you to the 4th Edition of the International Legal Essay Competition & Symposium, 2022 on “International Law Regime.”
Themed on International Law Regime, this Essay Competition envisages promoting and developing the ability of a student to think from a Global Legal Perspective, in form of a Competition for legal drafting skills.
- Students pursuing the three or five-year LL.B. course from any Law school/ college/ university affiliated in India are eligible to participate. Students from around the world pursuing law courses are also eligible to participate.
- Students pursuing their LL.M. from any Law school/ college/ university are eligible to participate.
- Students pursuing their Graduation/ Masters in areas related to International Law are eligible to participate.
- Co-authorship to a maximum of two authors is permitted.
- Only one submission shall be allowed per author, and in the case of co-authors, one submission shall be deemed to include both. Separate submissions of both shall be taken as multiple submissions which will be subject to rejection and disqualification.
Themes and Sub-Themes
The theme for the Essay Competition shall be ‘INTERNATIONAL LAW REGIME’. The topics must be chosen from/inspired by any aspect of the International Law Regime.
- International Economic Law
- International Humanitarian Law
- International Human Rights Law
- International Criminal Law
- International Women Law
- International Children Law
- International Environmental Law
- International Justice Delivery System
- International Labour Human Rights
- International Health Law
How to Register?
Interested candidates may apply through the link provided at the end of this post.
Awards and Rewards
- The author with the highest score in an essay will be declared the “Winner” and shall be awarded a cash prize of INR 10,000/-.
- The author with the second highest score in an essay will be declared the “1st Runner-up” and shall be awarded a cash prize of INR 7,500/-.
- The author with the third highest score in an essay will be declared the “2nd Runner-up” and shall be awarded a cash prize of INR 5,000/-.
- TOP TEN ENTRIES shall be awarded a CERTIFICATE OF MERIT.
Declaration of the Result
The result shall be declared in an online Symposium, and the date for the same shall be conveyed to the participants after 10 days from the date of the final submission of the essay.
- Last Date for Abstract Submission: October 7, 2022
- Last Date for Essay Submission: November 6, 2022
- Symposium followed by the declaration of Results: Last week of 19th November 2022
In case of any query please contact ilsalcdmcs[at]uttaranchaluniversity.ac.in