VITSOL, Chennai is organising a multidisciplinary national conference on Environment Conservation and Restoration on September 25, 2022 as a part of the technical fest of the college, TechnoVIT.
About the Organiser
VIT was founded by the educationalist Dr. G. Viswanathan in 1984. VIT Chennai was started in 2010.
VIT School of Law (VITSOL), the progeny of VIT, entered the legal education arena in 2014.
About the Conference
The environment is understood differently by different people around the world. The viability of the environment was conserved by many means throughout history. Codified laws protected nature and individuals of the society, but the development paved the way to endanger nature at maximum.
The ideology of the environment is to develop a sustained nature. The conventions at the international level made it obligatory for all the nations to take necessary steps to balance nature. Similarly, the nations stressed upon individuals to look for a solution to conserve the tainted environment.
The issue of Environmental protection has been widely discussed at various levels from international to domestic because of utmost urgency but still reached the maximum danger to the environment.
Owing to various human-made activities, the situation is under dire threat. The damage is tremendous and reached a question of restoration. However much we try, we cannot undo the destruction that has already been inflicted.
Thus, the only way out is to take valuable steps to conserve and restore the environment. Law has the potential to bring and power to drive change the degraded environment into its original shape.
This conference aims to discuss various existing legal and societal frameworks for the protection of the
environment and restore the same. Further discusses any deficiencies in the legal and other disciplne and explores how to tackle those challenges in a better way.
Call for Papers
Original unpublished Research Paper/Articles and Case studies are invited from academicians/research scholars/advocates and students for presentation at the Conference.
The papers will be selected after a plagiarism check, the permissible limit being 10% of a Turnitin report. The abstract and full paper will undergo a double-blind peer review process by the expert review committee before selection.
- International Environmental Law
- Environment Conservation and Human Health
- Protection of biodiversity
- Environment Restoration Mechanisms
- Environmental Governance
- Environment Impact Assessment
- Wildlife protection and endangered species
- Transboundary pollution
- Environmental crime and the law
- Waste Management and enforcement bodies
- Climate Change and Ozone Layer depletion
- Space Debris and Space Pollution
- Judicial ideology on Environment
- Environment and the Rule of Law
- Biomedical waste
The above themes are only illustrative and not exhaustive. Interested participants may submit a proposal relevant to the main theme for the presentation from any other emerging areas.
- Environmental and Management
- Urban Development and Sustainability
- Culture and Environment
- Global Warming
- Environment and Renewable energy
- Marine Pollution
- Circular Economy
- Technology and Environment
- Artificial Intelligence and Environment
- Virtual Reality
- Cryptocurrency, Blockchain, and Environment
- Design Technology and Environment
- Agriculture, forestry, and food science
- Biotechnology and Environment
- Marketing for sustainable ecosystem
- Paper Title
- Author particulars: Name, designation, Institution of Affiliation, Address for correspondence with email and phone number in a separate document.
- Abstract within 200 words, in italics. 3 to 6 keywords.
- Font-“Times New Roman”, Font size –“12pt”, Line space-“1.5”
- The full paper should not exceed 3000 – 4000 words.
- Reference should be in the 20th edition Harvard Bluebook.
- Submission to be made in MS Office Word.
- Co-authorship allowed for a maximum of 2 authors
The Paper Presentation is open to undergraduate/postgraduate students, Research Scholars, Academicians, Professionals, and NGOs. Any interested persons may also attend the Conference, without a paper presentation.
Mode & Location
Offline Mode at VIT Campus, Chennai
How to Submit
- The submission Link for the Abstract is given at the end of this post.
- Submit the full papers at email@example.com
- Academicians/Advocates/Professionals: INR 750/-
- Students and Research Scholars: INR 500/-
- Other participants (not presenting papers): INR 200/-
Note: In the case of co-authorship, both the participants have to pay and register separately.
- The selected papers are to be presented in the conference and will be published as conference proceedings with ISBN.
- Certificates will be issued to all presenters and participants
- Conference Date: September 25, 2022
- Abstract submission: August 25, 2022
- Acceptance of Abstract: August 27, 2022
- Last date for registration: September 3, 2022
- Submission of Full Paper: September 10, 2022
Click here to view the Brochure
In case of queries, contact:
- Student coordinator, N. Asmitha at +91 87544 44959
- Faculty coordinator, Prof.Rajasathya K.R at +91 97913 91839
- Write at firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: WEF April, 2021, Lawctopus will not publish any ‘Call for Papers/Blogs’ by journals that charge money at the time of submission. If you find any journal doing so, please intimate us at tanuj.kalia[at]lawctopus.com