Navrachana University is organising the National Conference on Law & Public Policy on February 3, 2023.
About the University
Navrachana University is a Private University established under the Gujarat Private University Act, of 2009. The University has Five schools: the School of Business and Law, the School of Engineering and Technology, the School of Liberal Studies and Education, the School of Environmental Design and Architecture and the School of Science.
About the School of Business and Law
Working in close association with the industry and the academic experts, right from the curriculum development stage to student projects, internships and work placements, the School of Business and Law at NUV offers several unique undergraduate and postgraduate level programs in the field of Management.
About the Conference
The relationship between law and public policy has been described as a ‘hand in glove’ one by Harrington and Carter in their book on Administrative Law and Politics. Policies are oriented towards a desired goal/state on behalf of the government which might take the form of a law.
Law shares a dynamic relationship with public policy. It is a process and a continuous one at that. At times the interface is subtle and may take years to manifest.
This may be true of laws committed to environmental protection where the transformation may not be immediately visible. Sometimes, on the other hand, changes may have to be forced. This may be true of laws made to eradicate societal prejudice.
The conference is open to Academicians, Judicial Officers, Researchers, Professionals, Practitioners, Students of Law, Political Science and other relevant disciplines, and other stakeholders on the emerging issues and related areas on the broader sub-themes.
- Contemporary Challenges to the Constitution of India.
- Gender Justice and Laws in India
- Emerging trends in Environment law and policy
- Child Rights and Child Protection-Issues and Challenges
- Role of IPR in the Present Era
- Changing Dimensions of Media law
- Companies Act: Issues and Challenges
- Prospects and Challenges for Alternate Dispute Resolution Mechanism
- Issues relating to migrant workers during the pandemic
- Reforms in the Justice Delivery System
- Note: The sub-themes are indicative and not exhaustive.
The abstract of a research paper on any of the given themes shall be duly sent. The abstract shall not exceed 300 words.
It should include the following:
- Title of the paper
- Name of the author/s
- Name of the institution
- E-mail address
- Contact details:
- Full paper:
- The length of the entire paper including tables, diagrams, illustrations, references, etc. shall not be less than 3000 words and shall not exceed 5000 words. (Excluding the footnotes).
- The research paper shall be the original and unpublished work of the author. Co-authorship is permitted to a maximum of two authors. Each author is required to register and pay the registration fee individually.
- The paper should be typed in Times New Roman 12-point font with 1.5 line spacing.
- All footnotes must be in Font “Times New Roman”, with font size 10, and line spacing. All submissions must follow the “The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (20th Edition).
- The full paper should be submitted in soft copy (only after the acceptance of the abstract has been duly communicated). It shall be sent along with the registration fee screenshot on the form:
- E-certificates will be provided to all the registered participants.
- Selected Papers will be published in a book with ISBN Number.
How to Register?
Please register after confirmation of your abstract only. Click on the link available at the end of this post to register for the national conference.
- Academicians, Research scholars and Professionals: Rs. 1250/-
- Students: Rs. 750/-
- Date of submission of abstract: January 2, 2023
- Date of confirmation of abstract: January 6, 2023
- Date of Full Paper submission & Registration: January 23, 2023
- Date of National Conference: February 3, 2023
For further information, please contact conference.nuv[at]gmail.com
Disclaimer: WEF April, 2021, Lawctopus will not publish any ‘Call for Papers/Blogs’ by journals that charge money at the time of submission. If you find any journal doing so, please intimate us at tanuj.kalia[at]lawctopus.com