Faculty of Law, University of Lucknow is organising its 1st Dr. Shankar Dayal Sharma Memorial National Judgement Writing Competition 2022 and seeking submission for the same.
About the Institute
Founded in 1867, Lucknow University is one of the oldest institutions of Indian higher education.
The Faculty of Law, University of Lucknow is a pioneer legal institution of India. It was established in 1921 with three teachers. Mr. Jag Mohan Nath Chak was its first Dean.
About the Judgement Writing Competition
Don’t forget no one else sees the world, the way you do, so no one has got things you can tell.
The Judgment writing competition entails capturing the art of decision-making in budding lawyers aspiring to join the reputed judicial services and to unfold the dynamic role of the Judges in relation to society.
The judgment writing competition involves a comprehensive approach toward law in terms of theory and implication of law. The legal arguments on facts and situations with legal precedents and reasoning pave way for judgment writing.
A Judgment is the most important document for the parties, the Advocates, the legal fraternity, and ultimately the citizens of the Country. The art of Judgment Writing is a precious and invaluable skill to learn for any student of law.
Writing a judgment means a reason-giving process where a judge puts into words the rationale behind his decision. This involves a thorough understanding of the facts of the case, knowledge of the law and court practices, the ability to make a fair decision that is good in law, and finally to deliver it in a reasonable manner.
Hence with the objective of providing all the enthusiastic learners with an opportunity to examine the problems from the perspective of a Judge, apply the law and render suitable outcomes, Lucknow University Moot Court Association is organizing the 1st National Online Judgement Writing Competition, 2022 in the name of Dr. Shanakr Dayal Sharma who was the former President of India.
- The submission is open to all Law Students registered in Graduate/Post Graduate courses in any Institution/ College/ University.
- The students can register themselves as a team of 2 or may also seek single registration.
- There is no restriction on the number of entries from any college or university.
- The participants shall write a single opinion. Multiple opinions/dissenting opinions are not allowed.
How to Registration
- Teams are required to complete the registration on or before September 21, 2022 (23:59 Hours IST).
- Registration Fee:
- INR 600/- for a single author
- INR 650/- for co-authorship
- The registration fee payable for the Competition must be paid latest by September 21, 2022, through online mode [ Paytm, Google Pay, BHIM on Phone Number 8948054412 (AMRIT
SINGH)] and NEFT ACCOUNT NUMBER: 39871265208; IFSC CODE : SBIN0006148; ACCOUNT
HOLDER NAME: AMRIT SINGH; BANK NAME: STATE BANK OF INDIA
- The payment reference number and date of payment along with the Screenshot have to be inserted in the registration form and only then will the registration be deemed to be complete.
- The Registration for the competition shall be done by filling up the Google form is available at the end of this post.
- Scanned copies of Identity cards must be attached in the registration form.
- Registration fees once paid are neither refundable nor non-transferable.
- Any change in authorship will not be entertained after submission of the registration form
unless the Organising Committee notices an exceptional circumstance.
- The soft copy of Judgment should be mailed to the e-mail of the Organising Committee:
- The manuscript submitted must be an original work of the author(s) and must not have been
submitted or published elsewhere. Any sort of plagiarism shall amount to a penalty.
- Word Limit is 3500-5000 words (exclusive of footnotes).
- The manuscript must not disclose the identity of the author(s)(e.g. name, institution, etc.)
- The cover page of the manuscript shall mention the team code at the top right corner.
- The manuscript shall be submitted in MS Word format & PDF format. The name of the
file shall be like the example, where ‘01’ is the allotted team code. For example:
- Submission Deadline: October 8, 2022 (23:59 Hours IST) and no submission will be accepted after October 8, 2022 (23:59 Hours IST) with penalties as mentioned in the Brochure.
- The language for writing the judgment shall be in ENGLISH only.
- The author(s) shall strictly adhere to the 19th Bluebook Citation. Any citation found contrary shall amount to a penalty.
- The manuscript shall be in A4 Layout with 1.5 line spacing, Margin-1, and justified.
- Headings: Times New Roman, Size: 14, Bold.
- Main body: Times New Roman, Size: 12.
- Footnotes: Times New Roman, Size: 10, Line Spacing 1.5 and justified.
- Page numbers: bottom center
- The first page of the Judgement must contain Team Code, Name of the Court, Title, Number of
the Case, Date of Delivery of Judgement, Nature of the Case (Civil/Criminal/Writ)
- A cash prize of Rs. 4000 and a Certificate of Merit shall be awarded to the Winner
- A cash prize of Rs. 3000 and a Certificate of Merit shall be awarded to the Runner-up
- E-Certificate of Participation for all the participants.
- Last date of Registration: September 21, 2022
- Last date of Submission: October 8, 2022
- Declaration of Result: October 13, 2022.
- For any further clarification or assistance, feel free to contact:
- Saamya Gautam: +91 79061 15775
- Hemant Pandey: +91 70549 18405
- Ayush C. Tripathi: +91 78000 11576
- Email your queries at email@example.com