NLIU Bhopal is inviting applications for a Research Internship for its ‘e-Nyayaganga’ Project in hybrid mode.
About National Law Institute University, Bhopal
National Law Institute University, Bhopal (NLIU, Bhopal) was established by the Rashtriya Vidhi Sansthan Vishwavidyalaya Adhiniyam (No. 41 of 1997) enacted by the Madhya Pradesh State Legislature, recently substituted by the Madhya Pradesh National Law Institute University Act, 2018 (No. 6 of 2018), has been a leading law school in the country imparting legal education and promote legal research and publication. NLIU, Bhopal, is recognized by the University Grants Commission and the Bar Council of India.
About the NLIU Internship
National Law Institute University, Bhopal, is inviting applications for internships in hybrid mode (i.e. Online/Offline) from young and dynamic students for the position of Research Intern for its National Level Project ‘e-Nyayaganga’ for Development of Digital Content for Legal Literacy – Design, Development and Management sponsored by the Department of Justice, Ministry of Law and Justice, Government of India.
NLIU, Bhopal, is designated as the National Nodal Agency for Design, Development and Management of Digital Content for Legal Literacy by the Department of Justice, Ministry of Law and Justice, Government of India for Digital Legal Literacy and Legal Awareness Program.
- The candidate should be an undergraduate or postgraduate student from the field of Law/Media Studies/Design/Multimedia/Social Work from a recognized College/University established in India.
- The candidate must have good research, writing and designing skills.
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Knowledge of various national and international frameworks and schemes related to digital legal literacy and Access to Justice (A2J).
- Good verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of the Internet, MS Office/Excel and other desktop/mobile-based technologies for designing software and sound digital knowledge.
- Should have proven experience in report writing, documenting and presenting PPTs, and organising conferences/ seminars and events.
- Should have proven skills in secondary data analysis and data management on social sector programming.
- Candidates with a background in designing and developing digital content will be preferred.
Nature of Duties
- Developing digital legal literacy pedagogy focusing on rights and duties and welfare schemes.
- Legal Aid and Access to Justice Advocacy for vulnerable and marginalized sections.
- Community intervention projects.
- Digital knowledge management and content development.
- The candidate must not reveal any confidential information during or after the internship to any organization, institution or related department.
- The candidate must not be involved in any disciplinary proceedings with the College or University studying or any other authority or convicted of any offence by the Court of Law.
- The candidate is not completing the assigned work within the timeline provided.
Duration of the Internship
The internship duration is initially one month, which may extend on a need basis.
The application will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Process of Application and Method of Selection
- The internship application shall be sent only in the format Annexed to this Notification.
- The selection of interns will be considered based on the recommendation by the Selection Committee constituted for this purpose.
- The decision of the Selection Committee will be final and binding, and no further claim will beentertained.
- Applications shall be sent at [email protected] along with CC to [email protected]
Terms of Internship
- The internship does not entail payment of a stipend.
- The engagement as a law intern is purely temporary and shall not confer any right or claim in futurefor regular appointment in the NLIU, Bhopal.
- The law intern may be discharged without prior notice.
- A law intern intending to terminate their engagement may do so after completing assigned tasks andone-week prior notice.
- The research intern may be attached to the Project Monitoring Unit/Project Implementing Committee.
The research intern shall be issued a certificate of internship only after completing the internship term.
Please feel free to write to us or contact Mr. Shudhanshu Pratap at +91-9454034500 in case of any query or clarification.
Disclaimer: Organisations should not influence interns to write internship experiences on Lawctopus. Neither should they make writing an internship experience on Lawctopus mandatory for the intern to get a certificate. Indulging in such practices will lead to the organization getting blacklisted from Lawctopus. In case of any such instance, interns are requested to inform at [email protected]