iProbono India invites applications from eligible candidates for the post of Program Officer to work at the Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru offices.
About iProbono India
iProbono’s mission is to enable people to access their rights in pursuit of a just society. They believe in holistic counsel, representing clients and providing wraparound legal support, capacity building, storytelling, research, and policy advocacy to support social change.
By promoting active citizenship and engaging a holistic model they:
- Advance justice for all by representing people in need
- Strengthen the impact of civil society
- Advocate for policies that promote social equity and end discrimination.
iProbono works on cases involving child abuse, trafficking, women’s rights, disability rights and housing rights, and engages in advocacy efforts on these subject areas. We also provide support in the form of legal assistance to NGOs across the country working on a range of issues.
About the Opportunity
They are looking for Program Officers in Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru. These team members will be responsible for managing legal support in their respective jurisdictions, and enhancing outreach to our partner lawyers and organisations.
The team members will work closely with our Delhi Programs Team on our advocacy and capacity-building projects. These positions would suit dynamic individuals who not only possess legal skills but a passion for social justice.
They are looking for individuals who want to build their careers with us and be part of iProbono for the long term. Successful candidates will possess a sound knowledge of the Indian legal system and must have good communication skills.
They should be highly organised, results-driven team players. They need to be able to work independently where required while providing essential support to the Programs Team.
Name of the Position
No. of Positions
Roles and Responsibilities
- Attending court hearings, coordinating with panel lawyers and keeping notes of follow-up action required.
- Documentation (updating the iProbono in-house database, updating and creating case notes, updating litigation management notes and dates of hearings).
- Legal research and writing.
- Reaching out to NGOs in their respective jurisdictions to initiate new partnerships.
- Developing and working on advocacy projects and strategic litigation, based on an assessment of needs on ground.
- Organising and executing workshops and training for our partner organisations and their beneficiaries.
Essential Qualification and Required Skills
- A bachelor’s degree in law.
- 1-3 years of work experience for Bengaluru and 2-6 years of work experience for Delhi and Mumbai with an NGO or ligation chamber.
- Sound knowledge of the Indian legal system, particularly laws related to child rights.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, as well as Hindi for those applying for a position in Delhi, Marathi for those applying for Mumbai and Kannada for those applying for Bengaluru.
- Comfortable working independently and as part of a small team.
How to Apply?
To apply, please email email@example.com with your CV and a short cover leer on why you are suitable for the role, as well as which jurisdiction you are applying for.
Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
17 February 2023.
In case of any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org