Harvard Law School invites applications for the two-year Rappaport Fellowship from eligible candidates with a stipend along with another benefit.
About Harvard Law School
Harvard Law School is the oldest continuously operating law school in the United States and is home to the largest academic law library in the world.
About the Fellowship
A primary duty of the Rappaport Fellow will be to design, plan, and help execute a distinguished speaker series to promote and model full, vigorous, and civil discourse.
Working closely with the Communications Office, the Dean’s Office and a wide array of HLS faculty, staff, and students, the Rappaport Fellow will contribute to and bolster the Law School’s vibrant intellectual community through this and other initiatives.
The fellowship also facilitates participation in faculty workshops relating to the Fellow’s field of interest and establishes mentoring relationships with faculty working in those fields.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Engage in law-related research, writing, and scholarship
- Help develop and launch a new distinguished speaker series and conceive of, plan and help promote several related high-profile events each year
- Work collaboratively with a broad number of constituents within the Law School – including HLS leadership, faculty, staff, and students – to identify potential topics and speakers, build awareness of the Rappaport Forum, and work with HLS student organizations to encourage participation
- Oversee Rappaport Forum event logistics, manage outreach to guest speakers, develop discussion framework and questions, and prepare associated briefing materials
- Work closely with colleagues in the Office of Communications on news articles on the Forum and other related content
- Participate in developing community-wide intellectual life initiatives
- Serve as an advisor to the student-run HLS Forum
- Perform other duties as assigned
J.D. degree and superior academic record are required
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply through the link given at the end of the post.
March 1, 2023.
Click here to apply
Click here for the official notification