Another day where we reverse the typical approach of you ask, I answer.
Basically, my immediate take after the Jazz elected to trade Donovan Mitchell for a package of players and picks from the Cavaliers was that if there was a loser in the deal, it was the Knicks and not the Heat, with New York having far greater expectations and a far greater need.
Here’s what you said via Twitter:
– “We are actually one piece away though and have potential to win it all if we had someone else who could do something offensively that’s not Jimmy.” – Kelly.
– “Who cares about how the Knicks feel, we still suck.” –Oblivion.
– “How about we not care about New York and just consider being Miami letting this one get away.” – Adam.
– “Who cares about the Knicks? This offseason has been a catastrophe for the Miami Heat.” – Michael.
– “Comparing ourselves to the Knicks is not a consolation prize.” – Andy.
– “One game away from another Finals appearance and the roster is worse. If Pat doesn’t make a move before the season starts fans have every right to be upset.” – Jackie.
– “Heat are a 5, 6 seed in the East. Wasting Jimmy’s prime years he has left.” – H.L.
– “Yeah, but the Heat aren’t the Knicks, it’s a different standard in Miami. Pat let one slip.” – Joshua.
– “If we are still comparing our every move to the Knicks, we clearly have some problems. Almost every other team in the East got significantly better except us.” Ryan.
– “We have standards, Ira! We like fun and shiny stuff and Superstars and we most definitely aren’t the Knicks.” – Michael.
– “How about nobody cares about other teams and let’s talk about how Miami failed once again to get another star? Now the Heat have to worry about the emerging star trio in Cleveland along with everyone else who improved in the conference. We got worse, not better.” – Cri.
– “I don’t understand why everyone is crying. Mitchell is a good player. Nowhere near elite. Too small for a shooting guard. Defensive liability. I’m good with Herro moving forward.” Drew.
– “Dude, Ira, stop it. Heat now officially have done zero, I mean zero, this offseason. We lost P.J. and Kief and have our same team. This organization did nothing to help Jimmy. I hope he leaves. He deserves better.” – Jordan.
– “Mitchell isn’t a whale, he’s a dolphin.” – James.
– “Ira, no one legit cares what a lottery team does. We care about how Pat Riley dropped the ball on a superstar available (once again) and letting another East team get better.” – Gonzalo.