Applications are invited from eligible and interested candidates for the Sewa Fellowship 2022.
About the Organiser
Sewa International is a ‘not-for-profit’ organization inspired by the noble tradition of service before self, and working towards promoting volunteerism nationally and internationally amongst the children, youth, women and energetic senior citizens.
About Sewa Fellowship
Sewa Fellowship is a strategic investment in human capacity, and grassroots organizations to build solutions for India’s complex socio-economic-cultural matrix.
They believe in the power and potential of youth to drive ideas, run movements, nurture organizations, and seek truth and justice to together build a better Bharat.
As a 100-week program, the fellowship equips young, bright minds with knowledge, skills and a mindset to serve. With extensive mentor support, the program bridges the needs of grassroots development with a vision for the future.
- Expert Mentorship
- Guided Reflections
- Positive Support
- Doer’s Perspective
- Indicative Age: 21-30 years
- Must have some volunteer experience with the community
- Minimum 1 year of equivalent work experience
- 100 weeks of serving Bharat: Fellows will devote 23 months in serving our nation with grassroots communities by working on various projects at the grassroots level.
- Expert Mentorship: Fellows will get constant expert support of domain experts and senior social leaders
Around 30,000 per month during the entire period of grassroots work. This will be in the form of direct stipend, dedicated fixed deposits, house rent allowance, and other allowances.
There are two formats to apply:
- Direct sign-up by the applicant.
- Nomination by his/her senior. This can be a reporting manager, professor, teacher, guru, colleague or a mentor.
This would be followed by an application form and a statement of purpose.
The next stage of the selection involves some activities that the fellow would need to undertake in his/her own location/geography, followed by a telephonic conversation.
The next stage involves in-person interaction with some group activities.
The activities in both stages are designed to fulfill three purposes: fun-filled learnings, understand the on-ground nature of the fellows and providing an immersive perspective of the fellowship and the aspiring fellow.
Who is an ideal fellow for the Sewa Fellowship?
An ideal fellow persona would include three elements:
- Passion to serve: The fellow aspirant should have a deep inner desire to go beyond the self in the pursuit of service. The fellow aspirant should be passionate towards social development.
- Purposiveness: The fellow aspirant should have a deep belief in the havingof a reason for their lives. An ideal fellow would be an optimist/realist who realizes that life has a purpose, and he/she must live their lives in order to find/fulfill it.
- Self Awareness: An ideal fellow would have a reflective mind for delving deeper into one’s own mind and heart.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the fellowship through this link.
July 1, 2022