The Ministry of Mines is inviting applications for the post of Legal Assistant on a contract basis for one year.
About the Organization
The Ministry of Mines functions as the primary body for the formulation and administration of laws relating to mines in India.
About the Opportunity
Job applications are invited for the post of Senior Legal Assistant (Level – III), Junior Legal Assistant (Level – II), and Junior Legal Assistant (Level – II), and Junior Legal Assistant (Level -I) on a contractual basis.
Name of the post
Senior Legal Assistant (Level – III), Junior Legal Assistant (Level – II), and Junior Legal Assistant (Level-I).
No. of vacancies
Qualification & Experience
- Legal Assistants should be professionals having a Bachelor’s/ Master’s Degree in Law from a recognized University and/or Institute in India, recognized by the Bar Council of India.
- Legal Assistants should be qualified to be registered as an advocate in the Bar Council of India in terms of the Advocate’s Act, 1961.
- Legal Assistants having experience in dealing with matters related to Mining would be preferred.
- Legal Assistants should have excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills. Knowledge of Computer applications such as MS Word, MS Excel, Power point etc. are essential.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Tender legal support on the issues coming before the Ministry. Prepare para-wise comments on all OAs Writ Petitions, SLPs, and PILS filed against the Ministry and forward to the concerned Standing Counsel after approval of the Competent Authority, for drafting counter affidavit.
- Scrutinize the counter affidavit received from Counsel concerning the para-wise comments,
- Perform such other work of legal nature, as may been trusted from time to time. Maintain the list of pending court cases in the Ministry.
- Monitor the pending court cases.
- To assist and be present in the court at the time of the hearing.
- Further, the Legal Assistants should be in sound health (both mentally) and should be of impeccable integrity.
- Legal Assistants shall also assist the Ministry in any policy decision/matters as and when required by the Ministry.
- Assistant shall deal with the Court matters including cases involving legal issues for examination and recommendation of appropriate action to be taken by the Competent Authority.
Up to INR 85,000 per month
How to Apply?
Interested candidates are required to submit their application in the prescribed format and shall submit it to Under Secretary (Establishment), Ministry of Mines, Room No. 303, ‘D’ Wing, 3rd Floor, Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi and email at yogesh.patel77[at]gov. in followed by hard copies by post.