GNLU is organizing its 3rd Workshop on Law and Economics: Theories and Applications from September 12 to 18, 2022.
Gujarat National Law University (GNLU) is the statutory university established by the Govt. of Gujarat under the Gujarat National Law University Act, 2003.
About the Centre for Law & Economics
The Centre for Law & Economics (CLE) is a centre of excellence for research and training in the discipline of Law & Economics (also referred to as the Economic Analysis of Law).
About the Workshop
Economics lets one examine the choices made, given the various constraints they have. As the constraints change, behaviour changes as well. Be it Legislature, Executive or Judiciary, or any other decision-making body, all of them give considerable attention to impact analysis through economic tools.
We are pleased to inform you that Gujarat National Law University, through its Centre for Law and Economics, which is committed to promoting the interdisciplinary study of law and economics in India, is organizing the 03rd GNLU Workshop on Law and Economics: Theories and Applications.
This workshop will not only aim at fostering research and learning interests but will provide the participants with tools and techniques used in the study of law and economics.
Objectives of the Workshop
The course aims at providing insights to learners regarding the application of the economic approach in the legal arena by touching on numerous areas of law such as Constitutional law, Contract law, Finance law, Property law, Tort law, Capital Market, Policy Making etc.
- Students/Research Scholars pursuing M.A./M.Phil/Ph.D Discipline in Economics.
- Research Scholars pursuing PhD in the interdisciplinary study of Law and Economics.
- Students/Research Scholars pursuing M.A./M.Phil/Ph.D Discipline in Statistics.
- Students/Research Scholars pursuing M.A./M.Phil/Ph.D Discipline in Public Policy.
- Students/Research Scholars pursuing M.A./M.Phil/Ph.D Discipline in Development Studies.
- Students pursuing Five-Year/Three-Year LLB Discipline.
- Students pursuing One-Year/Two-Year LLM Discipline.
- Academicians teach and research in the interdisciplinary study of law and economics.
- Professionals working in Banking, Finance or Economics.
- This is not an exhaustive list. Students, Researchers, Academicians, and Professionals having an avid interest in the interdisciplinary study of Law and Economics are welcome to be part of the Workshop too.
How to Register?
Interested candidates may register through the link provided at the end of this post.
- Students and Research Scholars – INR 1000/-
- Academicians and Professionals – INR 1500/-
- Click here for the payment link.
Online through Cisco Webex platform.
A Certificate of Participation will be provided on successful completion of the Workshop
September 11, 2022
In case of any queries, please contact: Mr Ishaan Gupta, Student Convenor, +91-9033821018